Digital and Social Media Manager for SEE MONSTER
NEWSUBSTANCE is an award-winning creative studio driven by invention, technology, and performance. We have over 15 years’ experience designing and building brave and ambitious projects that blur the lines of art, engineering, and technology.
Our work is seen all over the world.
We occupy the space where design meets drama. From creative direction to fabrication, we build from a strong design aesthetic and engineering perspective, propelled by the principle that every aspect of our work has to perform. We are diverse, disruptive and driven. We are human.
Job Title: Digital and Social Media Manager for SEE MONSTER
Dates: July – October TBC
Salary: £2,000 per month – 5 days a week over a 7-day period, with some out of hours office working
Reports to: Head of Marketing and Partnerships
Staffing Responsibility: None
Contract: The contract is fixed term
Application Deadline: Fri 1 July
Interview Dates: w/c 4 July
ABOUT THE ROLE
NEWSUBSTANCE is looking to engage a Digital and Social Media Manager to support the Head of Marketing & Partnerships for the digital delivery of SEE MONSTER content. Commissioned by UNBOXED; SEE MONSTER a large-scale public engagement project that will culminate in an installation in North Somerset. https://seemonster.co.uk
The NEWSUBSTANCE Collective is the project team, comprising of NEWSUBSTANCE Project Director Niccy Hallifax & Creative Lead Patrick O’Mahony, Mungo Denison Managing Director of NEWSUBSTANCE, Ollie Howitt Creative Producer and Antonia Gammans Head of Marketing and Partnerships. UNBOXED will take place in 2022, presenting ten open, original, optimistic, large-scale, and extraordinary acts of public engagement that will showcase the UK’s creativity and innovation to the world. A new company is currently being established to develop and deliver SEE MONSTER, which is one of the ten ambitious projects commissioned by UNBOXED.
The Digital and Social Media Manager will need to be based in Weston-super-Mare, a surrounding area, or be able to relocate for the duration of the project. The Manager will report to the Head of Marketing and Partnerships, and will work closely with staff, partners, contractors, and stakeholders of the company, including UNBOXED.
HOW TO APPLY
Please read the information in the job description and person specification below and submit a covering letter stating your interest in the contract, along with a detailed CV and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. We regret that if you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date your application, in this instance, has been unsuccessful.
NEWSUBSTANCE are committed to creating a positive and inclusive environment where everyone feels respected and free to work without fear of discrimination. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our practice. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. We welcome applications from people requiring flexible working arrangements and from anyone with any professional or educational background. If you have any questions about our working environment, please get in touch.
JOB OUTLINE AND PURPOSE
To manage all Digital and Social Media content output for SEE MONSTER platforms including but not limited to; Website, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter and YouTube. This candidate will support the creation and execution of an integrated Social Media Strategy.
Following NEWSUBSTANCE’s establishment brand guidelines, objectives, tone of voice and values, the Digital and Social Media Manager will be responsible for creative ideas, asset creation and posting, influencer and partner collaborations, digitally hosted events, and experiences as well as reporting.
Community Management is an important part of this role, with comments, conversations and questions being managed and responded to in a timely and appropriate manner, which speaks to the values and ethos of the community focused SEE MONSTER brand.
• Management of the SEE MONSTER Social Media Strategy, that conveys a compelling narrative surrounding the project.
• Implementation of a Digital and Social Critical Path
• Management of a planning tool which allows for team visibility and comment of all Social Media posts
• Grow, maintain, and strengthen an active presence on Social Media
• Copy writing, asset creation and posting to all Social Media platforms, including ALT text for visually impaired individuals and other accessibility considerations.
• Copy writing and updating of SEE MONSTER’s website
• Management and responses of comments and DMs sent to all platforms
• Management of national and local influencer collaborations and partnerships
• Creation and editing (minimal) of live and delayed events/experiences
• Weekly Reporting of SEE MONSTER on Social Media platforms and content-driven activity
• Organising regular meetings with the Creative Producer to present ideas and campaign delivery
• Experience of delivering Social Media campaigns
• A team player, who is also self-motivated when working independently
• The ability to understand and anticipate challenges within this area
• Excellent management and partnerships skills
• Experience of successfully managing and growing Social Media presence
• Ability to identify priorities and manage workload effectively
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Up-to-date knowledge of, and strong networks within Social Media platforms
• Ability to perform well under pressure, and work collaboratively where some activities are time critical
• Experience in monitoring online platforms to check and react to inappropriate material in an appropriate manner
— Job title
Digital and Social Media Manager for SEE MONSTER